Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Product Review - Shampoo for the Golden Years

It all began at the drugstore when I was disappointed to realized my normal brand of shampoo was out of stock. (Yes, the drugstore. I'm cheap like that.) I was desperate and got lured by fancy jargon and promises of highlight activating ingredients. What can I say? It was a weak moment. The fluorescent lights fried my brain. Don't judge me - it happens. And so I picked up a matching set of John Freida Sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner. Why not? I mean, I'm not technically even blonde but I do get blonde highlights in the summer. That counts, right?


My initial impression was that the shampoo didn't smell the best, but I continued on hoping it would grow on me. When I got to the conditioner, I snarled my nose. Dude... it stunk. Stunk! The smell reminded me of the aerosol can of perfume my grandmother used to buy at Big Lots. (Yes, aerosol. Was my grandmother the only one that wore that crap?) Totally not the way I want my hair to smell. And so, I neatly packed that junk away in the garbage can and promptly took my stinky haired self to the store to buy more shampoo. I give John Freida Sheer Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner two tumbs waaaaay down. This stuff should come with a warning label that you must be at least 65 to use it. I'm beginning to think I've developed a knack for finding stinky products.

1 comment: