Thursday, August 12, 2010

Giddy as a School Girl

I left off my last entry with a promise to update on what progress I made on my chore list this past weekend. I know, I'm slow but bear with me. The answer: not a whole lot. And I'm perfectly okay with that. The tall, dark and handsome gentleman I'm blessed enough to be married to took me out on a date. Yay! No kids, no worries... just me and him. Our evening got off to a fantastic start when we ate at Outback for $11, 20% tip included (thanks to a $25 gift card). For those of you that aren't familiar with me, saving money makes me a very happy girl. Afterward, we did a little shopping and then went to the movies to watch "Salt" - this is a great movie, by the way. The night was still young so we ended the night with a fun game of bowling. Because what's not fun about laughing at your wife that totally sucks at bowling, right?

We slept in Saturday morning and then enjoyed a homemade breakfast of French toast, bacon and scrambled eggs before heading for a workout at our local YMCA. We ate lunch at Subway and enjoyed a movie at home later that evening while fine dining on delivery pizza. It wasn't the healthiest of weekends but that's okay because having the weekend as a reminder of why we're in this thing together to begin with made it completely worth the extra carbs and calories. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day hustle and bustle of getting kids where they need to be, work schedules, homework, dinner, pointing fingers (that's YOUR kid because MY kid wouldn't do that), baths and bed time. As my friends like to point out, I'm a lucky girl and knowing I get to spend the rest of my life with this man makes me happy. It makes me almost look forwards to getting old. I said almost...

For the record, I did get the kids' rooms cleaned and purged a massive amount of toys (if you see my daughter, you know nothing). I'll save the border removal - which is going to be a PAIN; I tested the corner of my son's room and it was stuck on, stuck like glue - and painting for another weekend. Maybe that can be a family project. Haha! I crack myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment