Friday, August 6, 2010

Thank the good Lord for Grandparents!

From this day through the entire weekend, I am childless. Both of my children out of town with their grandparents and I am not quite sure what to do with myself. I’m like a kid in a candy store just thinking about the possibilities. There are about five bajillion projects I would like to tackle but realistically, I would be happy if I could cross just two off the list. What can I say? I am a chronic over-scheduler. It’s what I do. I do it at work, I do it at home… if there was a twelve step program for it, I would put signing up for it on my list of things to do. Ha!

The first thing I need to do is clean out my daughter’s room. That’s absolutely at the top of the list. Ms. Priss has an overabundance of toys she absolutely cannot live without even though she hardly ever touches them. (She's always been more of a play with the remote and mommy's makeup kind of girl.) She’s the same way with clothing and shoes she’s out grown. “But I loooooove it,” she’ll say. Already, at the mere age of 4, she's more than willing to wear shoes that hurt her feet because they're cute. I know, I know; I'm in trouble. When she's not looking, I throw away worn out shoes and bag up toys to take to the mission. Somehow, she catches me every.single.time. This time, the evidence will be long gone by the time she returns. Muah Haha Ha!!

My son’s room could use some work as well. He has less junk but more funk. I guess that’s the norm for a preteen boy but oh.my.goodness does he have to do whatever it is that smells that badly in my house?! Ugh! We received some hand me down furniture from his great-grandfather back a few years ago so I bought him new bedding then but I’ve never repainted and it is way past time for that. There is also a very juvenile looking border with puppies and sports equipment around the top of his walls that needs to go. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to see it gone when he gets home.

Which reminds me that the hall could use repainting as well...

Then there is my hubby who is so excited about some alone time. I don’t want it to sound like I don’t want to spend time with him. Really… I do. But there's so much to do and so little whine free time to do it in. And what I'm really not keen on is the idea of mountain biking with him and his friends on Saturday morning. (I’m still working on getting out of this one.) Biking, I’m fine with. Biking up and down hills, through muddy rivers, around pointy rocks and trees… *Gasp* Do you hear me? TREES! This may not seem like such a big deal to some of you more coordinated people but I'm fairly positive if I'm riding down a hill towards a tree, my body will become a certified tree magnet. And when I do fall off the bike, because let's face it - that's inevitable, I would land on one of those aforementioned pointy rocks. I'll start praying now for rain. Sleeping in sounds sooooo much better.

My entire house could also use a decrapification. It's everywhere. The worst rooms are the kitchen, where mail seems to always pile up no matter how good my intentions, and our music room, which is where junk goes to die.

There's also some small redecorating projects here and there that I have wanted to tackle...

I'm tired just thinking about it. Stay tuned and I'll let you know what actually gets done. I know you're just dying to know.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment